1. Just because people call you an “adult” doesn’t mean you can’t blow bubbles or pull over on the side of the road to run through sprinklers, or treat yourself to an ice cream cone.
2. Singing solves everything. There’s a song for every emotion under the sun and they’re all at your fingertips. For instant happiness, blast your favorite songs and dance while flipping your hair.
3. Flowers are beautiful and they smell gorgeous. Treat yourself to a bouquet and do whatever your heart desires with them. Braid them into a crown, pop them in a vase, press them, whatever. Vibrant colors and fresh smells make it hard to be sad.
4. Summer is on it’s way! I would take Fall over Summer any day, but there is something about the longer nights, sunny days and all that comes with it that is contagious. Music is more upbeat, the sun is out, and ice cream is a must.
5. Don’t want to leave the house? I’m with you. Scavenge around for your favorite foods, bundle up, and binge your favorite tv show. The one you watch over and over again and despite the fact that you know the script word for word, it’s still just as good as it was the first time.
6. Whether you own one or not, whether you’re an animal person or not, you’ve got to admit there’s some adorable little creatures out there. Just google away and the internet will provide you with a flood of cute animals.
7. Guaranteed: Lots and lots of laughter as you all struggle to stay on key and attempt to dance while buckled in your seat.
8. Put on your power outfit. The one that you know you look good in, the one you feel good in, and the one that gives you confidence.
9. Old movies are one my most favorite things. More specifically black and white movies. Whether they’re musicals like ‘Singing in the Rain’, comedies like ‘The Awful Truth’, or mysteries like ‘Charade’ they always cheer me up.
10. Books, books, books. An old favorite or a brand new world to get lost in. Movies will always hold a place in my heart, but there’s nothing quite like ink on paper all bound together to fuel your imagination for hours on end.